Commitment to Sustainability
Eiffage Energía Sistemas
Eiffage Energía Sistemas, aligned with the group’s carbon and climate commitments and strategy, has its own Sustainability and Transversal Innovation Department (STID). This reinforces the twin goal of:
- coordinating and managing the CSR strategy by incorporating it into the various operational entities, particularly with regard to climate and environmental issues;
- to stimulate the sustainability of cross-cutting innovation among all its lines of activity, integrating differentiating, low-emission solutions into its supply.
The purpose is an overall reduction of emissions throughout the value chain through a three-pronged low-carbon strategy:
• Reduce internal footprint
• Avoid emissions through supply
• Awareness raising and Training
The Eiffage Group and Sustainability
The Eiffage Group is a pioneer in its sector in calculating the Carbon Footprint in its sector and in publishing the GHG Emissions Report. Since 2007, Eiffage has been gradually integrating the transition to a low-emission model.
The group is actively engaged:
- in following the 2°C pathway established in the 2015 Paris Agreement, reducing domestic emissions by 46% and external emissions by 30% by 2030.
- with the United Nations 2030 Agenda, contributing through its CSR policies to the Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs,
- engaging in corporate reporting on carbon footprint and climate by following and adopting the recommendations of the G20 Financial Stability Board’s TCFD on non-financial reporting.
The Group has a B rating in the CDP Climate Change 2022 ranking (Carbon Disclosure Project), a global standard for environmental disclosure, standing out in particular for its governance, its identification of climate-related risks and the development of business opportunities to reduce emissions.
Group climate report prepared in accordance with the TCFD standard
In this context, in April 2021, the Eiffage Group published its first climate report. We showed how the Group’s governance has been redesigned to integrate the climate challenge throughout the chain. This is where our responsible vision is developed, involving innovation, risk management and the measurement of our commitments.
The climate report also includes the Group’s low-carbon action plan, along with quantified targets to reduce its carbon footprint, based on a timetable. It also makes it possible to highlight “climate compatible” activities, with the aim of developing them to speed up the decarbonisation of our businesses.
Sustainability commitment charters
The Eiffage Group is committed to formalising and disseminating its sustainability commitments through a set of charters.
The Group’s Sustainable Development Charter is the first of these and applies to all business lines and sets out the sustainable development strategy.
The founding document was updated by the Chairman and CEO, in July 2016. This document informs all employees of the essential environmental, labour and social issues that they must integrate into their work.
Additional charters relating to key issues are incorporated:
- Water and aquatic environments
- Circular Economy
- Low Carbon