Time flies, and if 2015 ended with the achievement of major milestones in Eiffage Energía, 2016 has been equally beneficial to our company, which has seen new business opportunities, both inside and outside Spain, knocking on doors.
So with three months to go to finish the year, we can make a small summary of the most significant awards and works in each of our business lines, ranging from electrical infrastructures, maintenance and installations to renewable energy, civil engineering and construction.
These are our main projects nationwide in 2016:
- Consolidation of our presence in Catalonia with the contracting by our subsidiary INELBO of many works for different private clients, such as the execution of electrical installations of low and medium voltage for the new AVE train station of Girona, the Hotel Llul in Barcelona or the Florida market in Hospitalet de Llobregat.
- Attainment of new maintenance contracts through our subsidiary AMBITEC in the Basque Country, in addition to the execution of electrical installations for the new Mercadona logistics centre in Vitoria and other regular works pertaining to the sector of adaptation of property of large banks’ real estate groups.
- Housing construction in Albacete, refurbishment of the shopping centre Imaginalia and contracting of the refurbishment and enlargement of Les Glories shopping centre through our subsidiary Conscytec.
- Strengthening the implementation in the northern region with new contracts such as works awarded in Galicia and the recent contracting of electric power installations for a water purification station amounting to more than 1 million euros.
- Consolidation as benchmark company in the area of property adaptation, both residential and of the tertiary sector, being suppliers of reference for the leading real estate groups of large banks.
- Opening of the new office in Valdepeñas (Ciudad Real) for the management of the new framework contract for maintenance of the distribution networks of the electricity company Union Fenosa in the area.
- Contracting and implementation of projects of indoor installations such as the electrical installation of the office building at Paseo de la Castellana 77 in Madrid or air conditioning systems for the Hayde Park Lane resort apartments Puerto del Carmen (Lanzarote), both for amounts close to 2 million euros.
- Restoration of the framework contract for network maintenance of Redexis in Jaen, which has meant to continue working and consolidating in gas distribution network maintenance.
- Maintenance contracts in large leisure complexes, such as all the Parques Reunidos Group amusement parks, among which is the Warner Park in Madrid.
- New approvals and first contracts with BP, which added to those which regularly continue contracting with REPSOL help us consolidate our position as maintenance and installation company of industrial plants for the Spanish petrochemical sector.
- Framework contract for meters for IBERDROLA in many provinces of the Spanish territory (Navarra, Burgos, Soria, Cáceres and Valencia and Murcia). The adaptation of transformer stations is carried out in several autonomous communities (Castilla la Mancha, Madrid, Catalonia, Valencia, Murcia, Andalusia, etc.) also for Endesa.
- Contract for maintenance of electrical infrastructure for wind farm energy delivery in regions such as Castilla La Mancha and Castilla y Leon.
Also in 2016 at international level, we were able to sign the following implementations:
- An important electrical infrastructure project in Peru consisting of the construction of two sections of transmission lines that will connect several substations. These works coincide with the opening of our new subsidiary in the country, based in Lima with which we continue the process of internationalisation of our business and add a new Latin American country to our subsidiaries in Mexico and Chile.
- First project in Africa, consisting of expanding the electricity transmission network of Reunion Island through a Simplex double circuit line of 66 kv and approximately 44 km of extension.
- A new project in the UK consisting of the electromechanical assembly and civil works installations of the Hale Manor Farm solar plant, which adds to the works carried out in recent years by Eiffage Energía in a total of 15 photovoltaic systems in this country.
- EPC (engineering, procurement and construction ) electric wind farm Sierra Gorda project for the construction of a booster substation and power line in Sierra Gorda, in the Atacama Desert, for which there is a budget of over 13 million euros.