Recently, Eiffage Energía has been awarded the framework contract for the maintenance of low voltage (LV) and medium voltage (MV) power lines for Iberdrola’s distribution network. A successful process which has made Eiffage Energía one of the leading suppliers to the Spanish energy company.
The contract awarded allows the Eiffage Energía Group to participate in more than ten areas belonging to more than seven different provinces: Madrid, Guadalajara, Albacete, Castellón, Valencia, Alicante and Murcia. Thus achieving, compared to the previous contract, to significantly increase the operating areas of our company within the framework agreement with Iberdrola.
The scope of the contract includes the maintenance of LV and MV power lines of Iberdrola’s distribution network, the installation of the new smart energy meters, carrying out live line work on MT networks and meter reading.
The areas and activities within the framework of the contract are the following:
• In CASTELLON the Castellon Centre area is maintained but the activity of CYM (Cutting and Measuring) is expanded. Although it is half of the province, in volume it is almost 65% of the total, since it corresponds to the entire industrial area of Villareal, Castellón, La Alcora, etc.
• In Valencia we are recovering Valencia Capital and the Sagunto district (which will mean a volume greater than 10 M€ per year and covering 50% of the volume of the entire province).
• Alicante the area awarded in the previous contract is maintained.
• Murcia: the contract is expanded with the entire district of Lorca, which means covering 2/3 of the entire province.
• Madrid: The area of Alcalá de Henares is maintained and the area of Alcobendas is expanded. The activities that were lacking, such as CYM (Cutting and Measuring), are included.
• Albacete: Activity is expanded throughout the province and LLW and CYM activities are added to the maintenance of distribution networks.
To develop this framework contract, Eiffage Energía has 10 local offices completely equipped with offices, warehouses, site managers, administrative assistants, trucks (with crane), vans, cars, all kinds of tools and equipment for measurement, etc. Over 300 technicians (mainly engineers and electricians) are involved in carrying out the works under the contract, as well as more than 150 vehicles, including vans, cars and trucks, 10 of them equipped with insulated nacelles for MV live line working.
During the last four years, Eiffage Energía has invoiced Iberdrola for about 100 million €. Thus becoming one of the major electricity distribution companies in Spain and Eiffage Energía Group’s main customer in terms of turnover.