The Vice-President of the Government of Castilla-La Mancha, José Luis Martínez Guijarro, presided over the unveiling of works to improve and adapt the “Las Hoces” Retirement Home in Cuenca. Works performed by Eiffage Energía Sistemas, through its subsidiary Eiffage Conscytec for the Regional Government of Castilla la Mancha.
The unveiling ceremony was attended by the director of Eiffage Conscytec, Asensio Rodríguez, together with the mayor of Cuenca, Darío Dolz, and the Director General for the Elderly, Alba Rodríguez.
These works were carried out due to the need to refurbish and adapt the first floor of the home and part of the ground floor to adapt it to be used by dependent persons, who account for a large part of the users. The aim of the regional government was to make this home a benchmark for accessibility.
Features of the project
The first floor has been completely refurbished and now has a medical area, examination room, infirmary and communal areas, with a dining room and living room, for a total of 20 people, in four single rooms and eight double bedrooms. The ground floor has been adapted to house the rest of the physiotherapy, podiatry, rehabilitation, occupational therapy and other activities. In addition, a chairlift and a fall protection system have been installed on the stairs. The equipment and furnishings on the first floor have also been refurbished, and new facilities have been put in on the ground floor.
This partial refurbishment work consisted of:
- • Refurbishment and renovation of the ground floor:
- • Extension of the dining room.
- • New occupational therapy and rehabilitation rooms, office, storerooms, bathrooms.
- • Complete refurbishment of the first floor:
- • New and larger rooms with private bathrooms.
- • New dining and living area.
- • Nursing, treatment, storerooms, pharmacy…
- • Refurbishments on the 6th floor:
- • Fitting out of two new rooms with private bathrooms.
- • New external tower with lift to allow the 6 floors of the home to be used and accessed.
- • New comfort facilities on all renovated floors.
At all times, Eiffage Energía Sistemas has ensured the safety and welfare of the people inside the centre, as well as of the workers.
New in media